Monday, September 15, 2014

THE WAY WE COMMUINCATE

The Diana Rehm talk show was very interesting and it showed me how online technology have changed and how it affects the way we communicate in this world. I feel that everyone feeds off the technology because its a easy way to communicate to friends, family, and people general. People forget about the face to face interaction you have when communicating because of the social media world. I know for myself I like to have face to face interaction with some people but with others I enjoy communicating with them through text messaging or social media. I also believe that social media is taking over the face to face contact with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and even Snapchat these are all the top sources in the world that everyone love to communicate with because its easy and some people may not like to communicate face to face. I think that people should try and balance or make it equal in the way they communicate with each other.

Another thing I notice about the Diana Rehm talk show is there is some good things with online communicate which it makes you want to have that face to face interaction with people. I look at couples that are in a relationship and one of them may be in another country, away for school, or something where the only way they can communicate is through online technology which they probably wish they could have the face to face interaction. I look at some of my friends and listen to them talk about how they wish they could see their wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend, and family how they want the face to face interaction but can't have it but they cherish the online technology and social media because they get to communicate with them that way. I know for myself I go through this sometimes being in Utah for football and school. All my friends and family is back home in Seattle I wish I could have the face to face interaction with them because I know my mom don't like text messaging or phone calls she loves to see me in person I believe everyone's mother does. But looking at the world social media took it over on how we communicate and that's that!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post, it got right to the heart of why we love Facebook. Go Seahawks!

    ReplyDelete